Free data offers on German colonial history
- Digital Collection of German Colonialism
- Between April 2017 and March 2019 more than 550 titles on German colonialism are digitized in the Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Bremen. Project partners are the Johann Christian Senckenberg University Library in Frankfurt/Main and the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities. All title and structure data as well as the full text are searchable. The individual titles are also available for free download as PDF documents.
- Colonial library (Kolonialbibliothek) of the German Colonial Society (Deutschen Kolonialgesellschaft)
- The library came into the possession of the University Library in Frankfurt/Main after 1945. In the 1990s, the picture archive and the German Colonial Encylopedia from 1920 (Deutsches Kolonial-Lexikon) were first made available online. Since 2013, further works from the library's holdings have been digitised to a high standard and made available to the public.
- Bundesarchiv - Sources on Colonial History
- The Bundesarchiv offers a special introduction to their holdings related to colonial history.
Free data offers, which also provide information on the topic of German colonial history
- German Digital Library
- The goal of the Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek (DDB) is to offer everyone unrestricted access to Germany’s cultural and scientific heritage, that is, access to millions of books, archived items, images, sculptures, pieces of music and other sound documents, as well as films and scores, from all over Germany. As a central, national portal, the DDB is aiming to bring together and network digital content from all of Germany’s cultural and scientific institutions.
- The Archive Portal-D offers a branch-specific access to the data of the German Digital Library. In the Archive Portal-D you will find information about archival institutions from all over Germany. In addition, archive indexing services as well as digitised and digital archive material are made available for use. The content will be successively expanded through the acquisition of new data suppliers.
- Europeana Collections offers access to more than 50 million objects in digital form - books, music, artwork and more.
- Archivportal Europa
- The Archives Portal Europe provides access to information on archival material from different European countries as well as information on archival institutions throughout the continent.
- Museum Digital
- museum-digital is a platform on which museums large and small publish information about their objects. It contains a large variety of objects that are linked with each other through many different links. It thus aims to present subjects in a most approachable way and provide ease in the finding of objects.
Note: The description texts on this page have been taken from the corresponding own representations.